Sunday, July 31, 2011

Crusade

Crusade was very much my kind of novel. I love, and have always love, vampires. Crusade was all about vampires and that excited me. The book is relatively large and I admit that it took me a while to read. It was great, but the amount of detail that it had painted such a vivid picture in my mind that I felt as though I needed to make it last. I read it in short bursts and then in longer ones, finally finishing the novel the night before I had to return it to the library.

Jenn is relatively the main character, but the story jumps between the different characters. Jenn is part of a vampire slaying group based in Salamanca, Italy. They go around and vanquish evil *cue hero music here*. There job is never done though because there are millions of vampires. Vampires have taken over command of the world and either you try to live in harmony with the beasts or you're enemies for life. Jenn and the rest of the hunters are enemies of the vampires. The "Cursed Ones" came about saying they were peaceful and only drank animal blood, but soon the world found out just how evil the vampires really were.

When Jenn returns to California for her grandfather's funeral, she discovers that her home is a vampire Stronghold and that New Orleans has been taken over to the point that it's been locked down and no one is aloud in... or out.

Crusade is the first novel of a series and I'm waiting patiently for book 2 to be released. It will be fun to learn more about Jenn and the hunters and what's going on with the world taken over by vampires. I had to give this book a 5 of 5 because Nancy Holder knows how to write a book. A damned good book at that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment