Friday, January 13, 2012

City of Ashes

    I can honestly say that I'm not upset I didn't read this series sooner. The reason why... because it's so damned good that I would've been squirming, waiting for more of the books to come out.


  I absolutely loved City of Ashes, sadly, I have to say that I hated the ending, AGAIN. I mean really??? Cassandra Clare, why do you have to torture me so in the ending?? WHY???


  Clary is an incredible character and I adore her strength and her heart, despite all the heartbreak and loss that she goes through. She's one very strong young woman.


  Clary's mother is in a coma, she's living with Luke, her mom's best friend and she's having a hard time coping with her feelings. But she still has the steadiness of her best friend Simon and the world of the ShadowHunters.


  I'm trying not to give too much away, I really hate putting spoilers in my book reviews.


  Clary soon finds herself fighting once again along side Jace, Isabelle and Alec, trying to survive and defeat the demons that are appearing in abundance in New York. She's getting more in touch with her Shadow Hunter roots and becoming more of a fighter than ever before.


  I can't wait to read book three City of Glass. I give City of Ashes a 4 of 5 because well... I just hate the ending THAT much. I mean, really.... things are just getting annoying at that point. Please Cassandra Clare, be good to me in book 3, I really want things to end differently.


  If you haven't read the Mortal Instruments series, read it, you'll probably really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment