Thursday, February 9, 2012

Remembrance

  I had been dying to read this book and I couldn't find it anywhere which totally bummed me out, but then, when I finally did find it, I didn't regret it. I loved Remembrance by, Michelle Madow because I am a sucker for reincarnation stories. Knowing that this book was inspired by Taylor Swift's song Love Story, I ended being a complete dork and listened to the song over and over as I read this novel.


  I found this book to be very well written and worth the read. I was surprised by it and very much pleased. I've never thought of myself as being much of a 'girly girl' when it came down to it because well, I grew up with two brothers and a mother who isn't much for nail polish, mani's and pedi's and boys. Remembrance made me feel like a girly girl.


  The cover is gorgeous and I've had a weakness for masks and masquerades. Although, no, there is no masquerade in this one, I found it very intriguing and worth the read. I've had it on my 'to-be-read' list for at least 6 months and now that I've read it, I'm glad I finally got around to reading it. I can't wait for the next book in the series, I think it will be just as good, if not better than the first and it will be worth it.


  Lizzie has a pretty good life, she has a great boyfriend, a supportive and awesome best friend and she's has an undeniable attraction to the new guy. Drew makes Lizzie's heart pound, he makes her crazy and she has to remind herself over and over that she can't have him because she has a boyfriend. And then tragedy strikes.... her best friend starts dating Drew and Lizzie finds herself jealous and upset at the fact that she can't have the guy she wants.


  I gave Remembrance a 5 of 5 because I just loved it that much. Lizzie was a fun character to get into the mind of, she's strong and she knows that even though she's attracted to the new guy by more than just his good looks, she sticks with her boyfriend Jeremy who she has been with for several years.


  I'm reading for the next book to come out. I want to find out what happens between Lizzie, Drew, Jeremy and Chelsea. I want to know if things go good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment