Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Dig:Zoe and Zeus

  I first saw The Dig on Goodreads and I figured I'd take a look at it. After reading the synopsis, I decided to read it and I adored The Dig. It's different than I thought it would be. Zoe is the outcast everywhere she goes, but the one place she isn't an outcast is when she's at a dig site with her aunt and uncle. She loves finding artifacts that are hundreds to thousands of years old.


  Zoe is on another dig with her aunt and uncle again in the middle of Greece. She had no idea that when she got to Greece her destiny would be like a slap in the face.


  From the beginning, I knew there was going to be something involving gods and goddesses in this book, I just didn't know how much it was going to be about them. I'm not saying I disliked it, it was quite the opposite. I've always had a fascination with Greek Gods and Goddesses and reading a story about them was pretty awesome.


  I want to write a synopsis about this book, but I'm afraid I'm going to end up giving too much away about the book. I guess the name of the series is kind of a give away, but I'd rather you guys read it and find out what happens that gives it its name.


  I guess what I'm trying to say is that I liked this book so much, I highly recommend it. But as always, there will always be good and bad reviews when it comes to books. This was definitely part of my guilty pleasure genre of books. It wasn't too sappy, but it was adorable and I found it was worth a read.


  If you ever find yourself enjoying the mythology of Greek Gods and Goddesses, go ahead and pick up The Dig by, Audrey Hart. You might regret it, but then again, you might not. You might end up really enjoying it. I also found myself falling for Zeus. So, I now have a crush on a Greek God. *drops her head onto her desk*


  I gave The Dig a 4 out of 5 and hope that whether you wind up liking or hating this story, that you'll at least give it a try and see if you like it. I mean, what harm could it do to read one more book?

No comments:

Post a Comment