Thursday, April 14, 2011

Heist Society

This book took me a bit of time to read. It was good and I rather enjoyed this story. I've never seen or read a story quite like it. I'm sure there are other stories out there like it, but I very much enjoyed this story. Something about a teenager who grew up in a family of thieves was intriguing. I absorbed the book rather quickly and greatly enjoyed the story-line. I really wished that Kat would've started dating Hale though, they seemed like the perfect couple in my eyes.

Kat sets out to save her father from a fate prescribed by one Arturo Taccone. Mr. Taccone is under the belief that Kat's father stole 5 very valuable painting from the man, but Kat knew that her father didn't. Now she has a 14 day deadline to retrieve the paintings and return them to Taccone or he'll do something bad to her dad. Enlisting the other young thieves of her family, Kat makes a plot and plan, trying to find and return the paintings before her time is up. But as time wears on, she finds her time getting shorter with no leads or ideas as to where the precious paintings are.

I'm excited to read the second book to read what happens to Kat and Hale. Hopefully they get together, but they might not, which would be a shame. I gave this book a 4/5, i liked it, but it wasn't overly exceptional.

Next, I'll be reviewing either Everlost by, Neal Shusterman or Tempted by, PC and Kristin Cast. Both will come, I'm just not sure which will come first.

No comments:

Post a Comment